soooo sick of the sexualization of asuka, so sick of people defining her by her (unhealthy) relationship with shinji, so sick of people looking at her as this inherently sexual being when in reality she is just searching desperately for validation and to feel “adult” in any way she can, so sick of people erasing asuka’s actual character so they can look at her as a “”cute tsundere”“
S E T T I N G (Image source)
The setting consists of these elements, which you ought to describe through the course of the story. It is up to you, however, to decide how necessary it is to do so and why.
- Which element is more important right now? Why? The most common answer is because it plays an impact on the story, so you should give it a higher priority in that particular moment. Overall we should get a feeling however brief of each or most of them.
- Why are settings important at all? Because the story is happening somewhere. Even if it’s happening in a void or in the middle of a nothingness, you could describe it. It helps making your story more memorable and your writing more vivid.
- How much should you describe? Again, there isn’t a rule. It is up to you. You’d not spend a page describing a room that plays no interesting or important part in the story, would you? If you do it, you’ll make the readers believe it is more important than it actually is, or bore them out. During the first draft you can spend as much as you want pointing out details of the environment and the space but know that during revision, they could and will get cut out if they’re not relevant whatsoever.
- The relationship between world-building and the settings: they’re directly related. If you’re creating a new world you’ll have to work through a lot of describing, and that has to do with—you guessed it—the environment. The space, time and temperature. All of these have to do with the world you’re creating if they’re different from what we normally see or if they’re not.
- Let’s say it, describing things is oftentimes quite fun and a great way to practice vocabulary and your use of metaphors and similes to show and not tell in a powerful way.
The following links provide great advice on both settings and world building and I recommend checking them out.
"E for ‘Exceeds Expectations.’ And I’ve always thought Fred and I should’ve got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations by just turning up for exams."
okay guys i know next to nobody will reblog this but please
if a family member has ever made a “harmless” comment (what have you done to your hair/what the hell are you wearing/etc) to you about your appearance and it hurt you, please reblog this, i need to show my mum and step dad the notes.
(Source: vvoidprince, via tonystarkr)
logic at its finest
This is stupid though ‘cuz she’s headed for the door. He’s going further into the elevator. Even if the door isn’t open, there’s still a bit of a ledge near the door that you could stand on while bracing yourself against the railing. Once the door opens, you’d be in a good spot to exit via the door as well. What she’s going for is smarter than what he’s doing.
Also she clings to the rail, he throws his hands up. If he were to fall, he’d have nothing to hang on to, she’d at least be able to hold herself up by the rail
BOOM goes the dynamite
I think the real lesson is: just because you don’t understand how this woman thinks doesn’t mean she’s stupid
It gets better—the guy is deaf, and he taught his cat the sign for “food.” So the cat’s not just saying “put that in my mouth,” it’s actually signing
Not only that, but if you notice at the beginning, the cat *gets the man’s attention* as any person who wanted to talk to a deaf/hoh individual would (well, and vice versa IME). I’ve done sign since I was 5, and generally, w/o eye contact initially, you wave a hand or lightly touch the arm (if that’s ok with the person you’re trying to converse with, of course).
Generally, adult cats meow mostly to humans, but this cat has figured out that’s not going to work and has adapted. Animal companions! They are INCREDIBLE.
EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LOOK AT THIS CAT.
(Source: needsmoarcat, via tonystarkr)
I love the earthy colors in this outfit, but I didn’t really have anywhere to wear it so pictures will do.
Also the manager of the local sushi place was so impressed with my shitty japanese that he gave me his number, that made my day lol.
coffee shop au where shinji is a barista and when kaworu orders his coffee he tells shinji that his name is “kaworu, with a w” but shinji writes “kaoru-w” on the cup and kaworu thinks its the most adorable thing ever and then they date
(Source: , via reitxt)